Learning for Free

I finally visited the library today for the first time in probably almost a year..  I checked out the above two artist's bibles and "The Choice" by Nicholas Sparks. Would you believe they only had TWO books by Nicholas Sparks there???????? Geez, I own more of his books than that!! They are having a huge book sale coming up in the first part of October so I'm gonna try to remember to go to it and see what books I can get for super cheap!! They are selling for something like $1 per hardcover book and less than that for paperbacks.. it's just.. how recent are the books!! This library has a ton of super old books!

I've taken an acrylic painting course before, but it's been a long time and I don't exactly remember what materials and things I need in order to be able to do it. haha I know, I make myself sound so old. It's been probably 6 years since I had that painting course, so I need a little refresher.

And I've been highly interested in learning about watercolor painting, the college I attended didn't offer a course on it.. otherwise I would have taken it in a heartbeat! I really like the look of watercolor paintings and they don't have any toxic chemicals involved so that's always a good thing =P I work with a lady who is an AWESOME watercolor artist, so she inspires me a lot!

While I was there, I also looked at their books on crocheting... mostly they were just pattern books and a lot of them were outdated, so I didn't check out any books on that subject. I'm not really far enough along in my crocheting to be able to follow a pattern yet anyway. <3

No comments: