Quotes from "My Sister's Keeper"

I finally rented "My Sister's Keeper" and watched it last night. I bawled through oh, 90% of the movie. But it was really good, and was full of awesome dialogue that was just screaming to be quotes! So I'll now list a few of those awesome quotes here, for everyone <3

"It's about a girl who is on the cusp of becoming someone.. A girl who may not know what she wants right now, and she may not know who she is right now, but who deserves the chance to find out."
Jodi Picoult (My Sister's Keeper)

There are some things we do because we convince ourselves it would be better for everyone involved. We tell ourselves that it's the right thing to do, the altruistic thing to do. It's far easier than telling ourselves the truth."
Jodi Picoult (My Sister's Keeper

"I have only known her for two years. But if you took every memory, every moment, if you stretched them end to end-they'd reach forever."
Jodi Picoult (My Sister's Keeper)

"In the English language there are orphans and widows, but there is no word for the parents who loses a child."
Jodi Picoult (My Sister's Keeper

"See, as much as you want to hold on to the bitter sore memory that someone has left this world, you are still in it. And the very act of living is a tide: at first it seems to make no difference at all, and then one day you look down and see how much pain has eroded."
Jodi Picoult (My Sister's Keeper)

"Life sometimes gets so bogged down in the details, you forget you are living it. There is always another appointment to be met, another bill to pay, another symptom presenting, another uneventful day to be notched onto the wooden wall. We have synchronized our watches, studied our calendars, existed in minutes, and completely forgotten to step back and see what we've accomplished."
Jodi Picoult (My Sister's Keeper

"Tradionally, parents made decisions for a child, because presumably they are looking out for his or her best interests. But if they are blinded, instead, by the best interests of another one of their children, the system breaks down. "
Jodi Picoult (My Sister's Keeper)

"When you have been with your partner for so many years, they become the glove compartment map that you've worn dog-eared and white-creased, the trail you recognize so well you could draw it by heart and for this very reason keep it with you on journeys at all times. And yet, when you least expect it, one day you open your eyes and there is an unfamiliar turnoff, a vantage point that wasn't there before, and you have to stop and wonder if maybe this landmark isn't new at all, but rather something you have missed all along."
Jodi Picoult (My Sister's Keeper

"But this is inaccurate. A runaway train is an accident. Me, I'll jump in front of the tracks. I'll even tie myself down in front of the speeding engine. There's some illogical part of me that still believes if you want Superman to show up, first there's got to be someone worth saving."
Jodi Picoult (My Sister's Keeper)

"An oncology ward is a battlefield, and there are definite hierarchies of command. The patients, they're the ones doing the tour of duty. The doctors breeze in and out like conquering heroes, but they need to read your child's chart to remember where they've left off from the previous visit. It's the nurses who are the seasoned sergeants-the ones who are there when your baby is shaking with such a high fever she needs to be bathed in ice, the ones who can teach you how to flush a central venous catheter, or suggest which patient floor kitchens might still have Popsicles left to be stolen, or tell you which dry cleaners know how to remove the stains of blood and chemotherapy from clothing. The nurses know the name of your daughter's stuffed walrus and show her how to make tissue paper flowers to twine around her IV stand. The doctors may be mapping out the war games, but it is the nurses who make the conflict bearable."
Jodi Picoult (My Sister's Keeper

I really want to read some of Jodi Picoult's books now, REALLY. All quotes found on goodreads.com, they also have about a million other quotes from Jodi!

No comments: